Inaugurated in 1999 by the APCI (Agency for the Promotion of Industrial Creation), the Design Observeur is an annual exhibition that aims to highlight and reward a selection of the best creations resulting from the collaboration between companies and designers.
Call for entries: Now closed
APCI is launching its Observeur du design 11 Design Award whose exhibition will be presented from mid-october 2010 up to mid-february 2011 at the Cité des sciences et de l’industrie in Paris.
- Private or public companies
- Administrations and local authorities
- Independant product inventors
- Graphic designers
- Urban landscape designers
- spaces and environment
- graphic design/ visual communication
- brand identity / branding
- corporate strategy
- Improvement of user comfort
- Reduction of costs
- Formal and structural research
- Answering new needs
- Accessibility for all
- Respecting natural resources
- Quality and originality of the process
- Implementation of a global corporate strategy
- Investment in a new sector
- Modernisation of a traditional know-how
Almost 1700 designs selected to date can be viewed on the APCI website.
Every year, the Design Observeur selection guarantees the promotion of design in France and abroad.
All or part of this selection is presented during professional fairs and exhibitions. The majority of these exhibitions are accompanied by seminars, conferences or delegations of French designers. Hong Kong, Montreal, Johannesburg, Moscow, Tokyo, Seoul, Prag, Taiwan, Belgrade, Ljubljana, Wuxi, Sao Paolo, Stockholm have all welcomed Observeur Exhibitions.
Design Observeur is supported by:
- OSEO (National Agency for Research Development)
- AECI (European Annual of Creativity and Innovation)
- INPI (National Industrial Property Institute)
- The Ile-de-France regional authority
- The Paris City Council
- The Ministry of Culture and Communication
- The Ministry of Economics, Finance and Industry
- French Designers Alliance
- INDP (National Institute of Packaging Design)
- FNSAI (National Federal Syndicates of Interior Architects)
- Designer Interactifs
Register online on the APCI website.